Sunday, May 3, 2009

Survey: Would you eat steamed monkey brains in Penang?

I did. They were steamy.





Would you?|||The majority in Penang now is the local Chinese, not the Malay anymore.





And the Chinese there enjoy their steamed monkey brains with nasi lemak %26amp; sambal...|||No. Out of principle.


Because I don%26#039;t know whether the monkey was killed humanely and were bred purely for eating or was it an act of cruelty before that brain got to my table. (I heard in some culture, they eat the brain while the monkey is still alive and I refuse to be part of that!)





I have eaten brains before... honestly, I didn%26#039;t like the taste of it. But may be it was the way it was cooked.|||Hi,





I have never refused to try anything to eat, so I would have a go at monkey brains.





I have had goat brain in the Mid-East, and it was just tasteless porrige.





So there we go.


Out with the snails, pig testicles, black pudding, pickled eyeballs and McDonalds !





Bob|||No I wouldnt.


What did they taste like (besides steamy)?


Were they squiggy?


Did you wanna be sick?


or did you lick you lips and ask for more?





Did you start thinking thoughts like a monkey afterwards - but all out of order cos of course they were all crushed and mashed up :) ?|||i lived in penang for 2and i/2 yrs never saw them on the menu or had them offered to me, i was told after one meal that i had just eaten cat though. who knows what i was actually sold by street hawkers eh.|||Yes, if it was the regional favorite.....What is the point of going all that way %26amp; then eating the same stuff you would eat at home??|||Noooooo.not anywhere.|||I%26#039;m fairly adventuresome, so I would probably at least try it. It really doesn%26#039;t sound too appetizing though.|||NO! I%26#039;d eat broccoli brains though anyday. Or heads of lettuce and the raw hearts of artichokes.|||I wouldn%26#039;t eat them anywhere!|||No two reasons


A) it sounds gross


b) I dont eat meat|||Maybe if I had some Cholula hot sauce to put on them. Is there rice or anything on the side?|||yes, I need brains more than anything else.|||Not a chance|||Not a chance|||Only if i had some hot sauce|||No, I%26#039;d eat them in Philly.|||Uhm, NO.|||No, I would not.|||just so you know, eating them does not make you more intelligent. Bet you regret it now, huh?|||no way....but thanks just the same!|||gross,no way.|||with or without a side of rice?


*what?...u mean thats not a delicacy?*|||us monkeys will remember this one, you better watch your back!|||No, but my fiance%26#039; did in mexico!!!! oh wit...that was a goats brain...... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment